Anonymous
07 Jan 2016 1:10AM

I have a peculiar question.
Take no offense, but you're quite a bit older than him. And I'm sure as a parent, you'll understand I'm not wishing you ill when I say I hope you pass before your son. And if and when that happens, what'll happen to your son? You said you had begun falling for each other. This seems to me like perpetuating a cycle. First, you had to suffer through such a loss and in the future, so too will he. I don't see much good coming out of that in the very end.

About your relationship here and now though... Good for you, I guess. I'm not a mother, nor even a woman; but seeing as everything happened perfectly consensually, I cannot say anything negative about it. Best wishes to you, and thanks in advance for the response. Good day.

reply permalink parent Share
Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
note, attachments may take a moment to show up.

Replies 2

robin59
View posts View profile
07 Jan 2016 5:32AM

No offense taken. To be certain, this topic has been discussed extensively, and at various intervals. I have explained to him how devastating the loss of an intimate other is. I have even attempted to dissuade him to fall in love with me. And yes, I must live with the knowledge that he will be alone because of my death. However, nothing I seem to do or say discourages him from the notion that as long as it can last (which will surely be longer than the average "normal" marriage lasts), he will risk the eventual pain. So now we prepare for that eventuality by being open about his finding another partner when I am gone. Yes, we've thought about this considerably.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
08 Jan 2016 2:45AM

Very few couples die at the same time. Loss is part of life.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous