Anonymous
21 Dec 2012 3:20AM

What people are missing here is the fact that it isn't the gun that does the killing, it's the person behind the gun. With that being said, someone who is hell bent on mass murder will do it with a knife, bat, or even car. Remember people, more people are killed by drunk drivers every year than firearms. I have used a firearm for my defense, and if I was not armed I would not be here today. My attacker was on drugs, armed with a tire iron, and was much larger. To say the least he did not leave upright. If I wasn't armed, I would not be here, the police would have had a murder investigation, and my wife would have been a widow. Don't mess with My right to keep and bear arms

reply permalink parent Share
Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
note, attachments may take a moment to show up.

Replies 0

Anonymous
16 Jan 2013 12:11AM

But did you defend yourself with an AK-47, tho? No elected officials have even proposed curtailing the rights to own hand guns or hunting rifles.

The proposal that everyone is flipping their shit over is that weapons of war be relegated to theaters of war. Not an unreasonable notion, by any stretch.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
16 Jan 2013 12:02PM

Wrong. Pay attention. Look at what was just passed in New York. And what they tried to ram through here in Illinois. Look what Feinstein is pushing.

They are using this tragedy and the media to demonize gun owners and attempting a gun grab the likes of which has never been seen. They are after ALL semi automatic weapons. Not just rifles
but handguns and shotguns as well. 80% of all guns currently being sold.

The bill here in Illinois if passed would have made every gun I owned illegal. Even the Mossberg
22 semiauto my grandfather bought in 1952. And the bill contained no grandfathering clause
turning law abiding citizens into felons.

Fortunately we were able to defeat this bill but it wont stop them from continuing to try.
The antis are not interested in "reasonable gun laws". They are hell bent on disarming us.

And the sad thing. All these bans and restrictions wont do a damn thing. Only the law abiding
obey laws. Criminals and those intent on mayhem wont be affected at all.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
17 Jan 2013 3:39AM

Disingenuous. There are PLENTY of handguns and shotguns that are not automatic or semi-automatic.

What the Hell do you do with your guns that you can't get by with those?

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
17 Jan 2013 12:42PM

So my choices are to be dictated by the actions of criminals?
A slippery slope indeed.

You fail to realize that some of the pending legislation is designed to make
felons out of law abiding citizens. Clearly ex post facto. And will result in
much litigation. Look at what was passed by the New York Senate. Look beyond
the headlines. The media is their willing accomplice.

The intent is to disarm the public while the power brokers have their own armed
security details.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
18 Jan 2013 4:11AM

I think your tin hat is on too tight, bud. Everybody is not out to get you.

Paranoid delusions would be covered under the new expansion of access to treatment for mental health issues. You might wanna look into making use of that.

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
18 Jan 2013 12:23PM

Pay attention. Read the text of the bill that passed the NY Senate. Read the text of Feinstein's
bill. Read the text of the bills we just defeated in the illinois legislature.

Listen to what Emmanuell and Bloomberg and Feinstein are saying.

Pull your head out of the sand.

Delusion? Check this:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Lanza didnt use an assault rifle. He used 4 handguns. Kind of invalidates all the rhetoric
about evil assault rifles. Wake up people...

Quote Strike
Anonymous
Anonymous